Monday, March 3, 2014

Take Our Spiritual Medicine


Hi Family :)

This week was just great. We had a ton of miracles and the most "other" lessons that we have had in a long time.  I was happy. 

Firstly, Bob.  I don't know what is going on...  haven't heard from him and he wont talk to us or anyone in the ward.   Please keep him in your prayers. 

We went on exchanges this week.  I went with the brand new sisters to their area. One sister, she was a little nervous, but she did great. :)  A lot of their appointments fell through, but we had some great service moments.  We went to a soup kitchen and we met a lot of really great people.  One lady said her son was Mormon and she just wanted to keep talking to us.   She said she loves the missionaries.   We made friends with these teenage boys and ended up giving them a card before we left.   I gave a Historic Kirtland card to a boy and told him that he should go to Kirtland. I said, "Did you know God and Jesus Christ appeared there?"   His eyes got huge and he said..."did you see them?"  I said that there are testimonies of men who did see them and I have felt it.   I told him that when we are there, we can feel that they left their love there and I told him that it would change his life.  He said, "did it change yours?" I said, "yes."  He said, "I really want to go there."  He said it in the most calm and sincere voice.   Wow.   I loved talking to him.  The spirit testifies to these people that it's true and that it did happen, they did appear. 

We also went to this ladies house...  Her name is awesome; "Jancousky", sounds like, Mike Wazowski from Monsters Inc.  haha.  I kept saying that over and over. she looked at me and screamed really loud when I first walked in the door, "HOLY SMOKES! WHO ARE YOU?"  I told her I was just there for the day and she told me that she used to run a model agency and said I should model and stuff.   She made me feel good the whole time I was there.  Some of the things that she said were hilarious and not true. 

We met with a girl named Latasha before and her family... they were never home when they said that they would be home.   But the other night our appointment fell through and the thought came that we should stop by Latasha and she wasn't even on our back-up's.  But we went... and she answered the door and told us to come in.   She said she was praying all day for the Lord to help her and then we came to the door.   She said it was an answer to her prayers.   She told us that she was going to break up with her boyfriend because he doesn't want to support their little family (they have a cute baby Lanaiya).   She is overwhelmed with all the things that she needs to do and she said she needs God more than ever right now.   We met the boyfriend and he kinda scared me.   His pants for one were all the way down to his knees.   Not sure how he walks.   Anyways, it was so cute... Latasha said, "one second, let me go get my Bible."  She came back and she had a Book of Mormon.   She told us that she started from the beginning and she loved it so much.   She said, "So what time does your church start because I am coming."   We are seeing her again tonight.   She is sooooo cute. 

So everyone keeps telling me that I talk in my sleep.   When the other sisters come over, they all try to talk to me.   Not nice. ha ha.   I actually woke up in the middle of the night this week and I was laughing out loud.   I think something funny happened in my dream... I could not stop laughing.  I looked around to see if anyone was awake and then I went back to sleep.   Yea, totally normal.

We met a wonderful lady Virginia this week who let us right into her home!   She was really sweet... she thought we were someone else coming into her home, but no worries, we taught her about the Restoration.

I also was going to sing in the Kirtland temple... but decided not to.   My voice is not the same when I don't practice... :/  I am singing with Sister Wygant at transfers, but I don't really care for the song.   It's by Brett Stewart.   It's just very "choiry".   It just doesn't fit my voice, oh well. :)

You know when people get a heart transplant, the doctors take out the heart and put a new heart from an another person and stitch it in?   The body doesn't know the new heart and thinks of it as "foreign object" and so the body rejects and attacks the new heart.   In order to stop this from happening, the patient has to take medicine.   They have to take it every day and take it with exactness, so that they will be safe.   Some people become casual and say, "oh I feel great, I don't need to take my meds anymore."  But that is putting them in harms way and they can have a shorter life span. 

The conditions of the heart need to be monitored.   Now think, What is the condition of your heart right now?

Just like we can physically receive a new heart, we can spiritually receive one as well.   The Lord can give us a new heart.   The tendency of the natural man is to reject the spiritually changed heart. 

It's so easy to say, "I feel good." or "I don't need to read my scriptures and pray everyday".   When we become casual like that, we are putting ourselves spiritually in danger.   Not only are our mortal years at stake, like with the physical heart, but our eternal years are at stake. 

I know I did this all the time before the mission and still sometimes on the mission, where I become "casual" in taking my "spiritual medicine".  It's so easy to go through the motions or even go through our busy days without stopping to feed ourselves spiritually. 

Satan really, really wants us to become casual.  I have felt that so much as a missionary.  I can tell that he really works on missionaries.  I am tired of him working on me... but I just know that I need to continue to take my daily spiritual medicine, so that I can become stronger.  We need to maintain faith in Jesus Christ by praying, studying, partaking of the Sacrament and having the Holy Ghost with us.  It's easy to become casual.   Remember to always fight off the natural man.   Take your medicine every day, okay?   Okie dokie?  :)

I love you dad, mom, kory, kolton, kaden, kierra and Kobe. 

Sister Kelsi Denae

No comments:

Post a Comment