Monday, October 7, 2013

We Do



Hey,
My new p-day is now on Monday's.  It keeps on changing!  I felt like this week was lazy... watching 8 hours of conference!  I was needing to get up and get moving again.  It was soooooo good though. Definitely didn't want it to be over.  We hung out at the member's homes.  It was so great. :)
Michael came to the Mcintyre's home and guess what?  Sister Mcintyre made for dinner?  Café Rio.  :)  Just making us feel a little bit of the west coast.  Sister Busath made it for us before too.  (She spoiled us like crazy this weekend)  So yummy.  Michael said that he enjoyed conference.  That was the first time he has ever said he enjoyed anything!  He said he will watch the other conferences.  He is progressing again... :)
Then the Stamm's went to the Young's home to watch conference.  Ah man that was so great :)  I was watching them during conference and they were so attentive.  I know we couldn't go wrong with General Conference.  I kept picturing them in white and looking at what their potential could be during conference... I'm weird, but they have sooo much potential.  I could see Drew as a high leader in the church. :) She even invited us to eat Thanksgiving with their extended family too!  They like us a lot.  I am soooo nervous I will leave Hiram by Thanksgiving :(  I am praying I won't leave yet.  I can't leave yet... I love all these people too much.  Oh and it was kinda awkward... when we were eating dinner, Drew Stamm was kept touching my foot (playin' footsie or something).  I thought it was a dog and I looked under the table and saw it was him and I looked up with a puzzled look.  His face got soooo red.  He didn't know it was me and was so embarrassed. haha  I was like woahhh... :) haha   Sister Coontz thought it was hilarious. I was like "I will never be able to look at him the same again" ha jk  It was just funny.
Lisa and Jim also watched conference... Jim is doing a "little" better. Hopefully getting some help. They really want it... we talk to them everyday and encourage them. We feel like we should see them less, but still see them until they get on their feet again.
This week we have been trying to see a few new people, but appointments have been canceling like crazy.  We decided to get a little creative and serve them... and bring them things.  We did and they called saying that they were speechless and they couldn't believe what we did.  We knew they were going through a hard time... and we really wanted to help.  We hope we will be able to see all of them this next week or the week after.  We only have 1 day in our area this week.  We have zone training and Elder Ballard, so it will be really busy at the Historic Kirtland visitor center.
Well, I loved conference.  I loved everything about it.  I found it great that President Monson said it was the most inspiring conference and he was going to write it in his journal.  It made me cry when he talked about his wife and that his anniversary would have been today.  What a blessing it is to hear a prophet speak and to know who he is.  He is a man of God.  He is speaking to us as if the Savior were speaking to us.  You can see it in his countenance.  

There were so many good words that were spoken.  I wish I could write about all of them.  Just a little piece of something I pulled out of conference.... I loved the scripture from the Australian (Vinson). "And I rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortality and shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure and he will say unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my father."  I am going to try my best and be ready for this day.  I want nothing more than to hear those words and be with my family for eternity.  I know there will be the day when we will stand before Him.  Face to face.  It will come sooner than we think.  We do live in perilous times.  We do need to remember to look up.  We do need to get into spiritual shape.  We do need to continue to be more converted in the gospel.  We do need to always put the Lord first.  We do need to love the Lord with all thy heart.  We do need to be Christlike.  We do need to always look ahead.  Faith is always pointing towards the future.  I know more than ever how important this gospel is. I know He lives.  This is a marvelous plan and we can conquer anything.
I love you more than anything and everything.
Sister Johnson
"Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith"
"Righteousness is always more powerful than wickedness" Good reminder
"Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved"

Sister Johnson's district

No comments:

Post a Comment