Monday, August 11, 2014

I Was Called to This Mission For A Reason


Hi :)

How are you all doing? How is the weather in California?  We have taken a lot of people on tour this week from California... some have been from our area or have family in Aliso.  I didn't know any names though. 

To answer your question... We did help out with the Kirtland 5k.  It was super fun!   I just wanted to run it so badly!  We helped pass our water... there were some quick guys there.  They ran the 5k in the 16 minutes.  It was nuts!  There was also a ton of fun music... we were dancing and singing along... Elder and Sister Sorenson were dancing too, so all the Sisters took that as being okay :)  I also was able to see a ton of people from my previous areas.  It was so good to see them. 

I am singing 2 more times before I go home... I will be singing next week in church... and then Sister Heckert and I are doing a duet at Zone Conference.  We have no idea what we are going to do!  But hopefully we can figure that out soon!  President Vellinga just loves music, he always has us sing a ton. 

I really know that I was called to this mission for a reason.  I keep realizing it more and more.  Something I really wanted to learn before my mission was how to be a better teacher.  It turns out, my mission president is one of the BEST teachers in the world.   Everyone always knows who he is.   He teaches people how to teach for a living.  He specifically teaches people how to teach the Gospel.   I love my Mission President.   I want to be like him!

We took 5 tours on Saturday.  We kept coming back in from tour and they would ask us to go on tour immediately again.  Well, right when we came in from our second tour in a row, they came up to us and said they needed us again.  As I walked in the doors, I saw a familiar face and then I saw another familiar face... I wasn't sure if I was seeing things clearly.   It was Russ and Ann!!  They came to Kirtland!   It made me nervous at first and we had to take a really big group.  I hugged Ann and started to tear up.  Russ said that he couldn't hug me yet.  haha.  There was a family with 10 kids... I didn't feel like the best tour guide because I just wanted to talk to the Sewell's, but it was really fun to see them!  They are really so sweet.... I feel like since I have been a missionary, you can always tell who is really in tune and prepared to come to Kirtland.  The Sewell's were prepared.  They are wonderful people. 

Susie did not come to church. In fact, we have not heard from her since church.  Will keep you updated :(  I really don't like Satan, but on the bright side... Sister Clark and I were able to be companions again this week!  It was so fun :)  I love her... our day pretty much fell through but we were able to see a lot of miracles and even muck horse stalls again. 

I heard a quote this week that says, "Your personal knowledge of God is not only the greatest gift you will ever give, but it will bring you the greatest joy you will ever have." 

I know that God and Jesus Christ live.  A big part of how I know this is because of how I feel when I read or hear people who have seen Them and then testify that God and Jesus Christ live.  Do you remember the apostles this last conference?  Especially Elder Holland when he said, "I am more certain that those keys have been restored and that those ordinances are once again available through The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints than I am certain I stand before you at this pulpit and you sit before me in this conference." 

or Elder Packer when He says, "I bear my witness that the Savior lives.  I know the Lord. I am His witness. I know of His great sacrifice and eternal love for all of Heavenly Father’s children. I bear my special witness in all humility but with absolute certainty"

Or even when Joseph and Hiram bear testimony of them right after the Father and the son showed unto them the plan of Salvation... “And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!  “For we saw him” 

I feel it's true when I hear these testimonies... the world may try to prove it otherwise, but whenever you doubt, you can lean on these great testimonies. 

Go to heaven!

Love, Sister Kelsi Denae Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment