Monday, November 18, 2013

Wrong Road


Hola como estas?
 
How is everything at home?  Good I hope!  I pray for all of you each and every day.
 
This week was fun... We were in Kirtland of course.  We basically didn't take one tour :(  That was a bummer.  It really is soooo slow right now, BUT starting the day after Thanksgiving, everything is going to get busier because the lights will be up with all of the Nativities :)  Ahhh can't wait!  We will be singing too.  They said they are going to assign some solo's, duets and group numbers.
 
I love having sister Coontz as my companion. I never want to switch companions again.  I feel like we are both growing each and every day.  Especially in our teaching.  I love being so focused in a lesson and the spirit takes over and we are able to help the person in coming closer to Christ.  We both have been digging deeper and deeper into our studies and gaining new insights.  I LOVE studies so much and I LOVE people.  I love making new friends out here :)
 
Michael has been reading the Book of Mormon every day.  He basically started over in 1st Nephi a week ago and now he is almost to Alma.  Or he is already in Alma.  I can't remember.  He asked us to come over last night.  We weren't sure what he needed to talk about, but he asked the deepest questions.  To be honest, they are things that don't really matter.  I was trying so hard to just listen to Him and I knew that the whatever I needed to say, would come as I opened my mouth.  I started to cry as I opened my mouth. He just stared at me and then Sister Coontz bore a powerful testimony.  Man, the spirit was so strong.  He has had so many spiritual moments.  He is just going to be one of those people who investigate for a while.  Now he wants to read the Doctrine and Covenants after he finishes the Book of Mormon ha ha.  One day, one day.
 
We also visited the Katherine Stamm this week.  Man, she is great :)  She was so excited to see us!  They said that they are going to come to the Johnson Home this Saturday :) We have been praying on what we need to say.... and already preparing for when they come... it is time for them to progress.
 
We also LOVE Al and Loretta.  They printed off the pictures they took of us while we were making cider haha.  We are taking them to the Johnson home tomorrow :)   We are SO blessed to have such a wonderful home so close to us and I feel so blessed to know the details about what happened there.  We are going to take advantage of it.  It is a place that can really soften hearts.  We know it will soften all of theirs.  I can't even describe.... can't wait for you to go one day :)
 
I feel like we keep meeting people who are not in our area.  We are giving referrals to every other missionary.  We were tracting and this cute 20 year old girl let us right in.  She said she is really open minded and we taught her the Restoration.   She said she wants to know more.  She has definitely been prepared... but she lives far away, she was just visiting her family, but we get to call her on the phone at sites and see how she is doing with the other missionaries.
 
We also just went in the other room a couple of minutes ago to make a copy of Sister Coontz's driver license.  The lady who works here is seriously so sweet and always asks how we are doing.  Well, we started talking and found out she used to take the discussions.   WAY back in the day.   Wow!   She said it wasn't the right time right then, BUT I said, "timing is everything.  If you ever want missionaries again, let us know".   She said she knew where to find us and she would let us know :)  She really seems interested...She said people always ask if we are nuns and she said she LOVES the missionaries and she always stands up for the Mormon's and missionaries.   What a sweet lady.   She isn't in our area either, but another one for someone else!   I love missionary work.   More and more every day.
 
We also taught seminary this week at 6 am.   There are 2 cute non-member girls who go to seminary a couple times a week.   There is one girl named Carly who comes to church a lot, but she avoids eye contact... we got to talk to her more at seminary and now becoming friends :)
 
Right after you read this, go to mormonchannel.org and watch "wrong roads".   Elder Holland gives and interesting thought that I know we can all relate to.
As I was watching it a couple days ago, I started to cry.  Why do we pray on what we need to do and sometimes we get an answer that we feel is the right thing to do, but it leads us down to a dead end, or a wrong path.

I feel like that has happened so many times.  I KNOW Heavenly Father can see the beginning to the end.  Sometimes it's so we understand more clearly why we should go down that path and why we should go on another one.   Maybe we were going to be unsure of our decision.   There are always lessons that we need to learn.

A couple of big ones stick out to me, why did mom and dad continue putting money into a company that wasn't going to do well?   Why did we move to California for a job that didn't do well?   Why did I move to Idaho when I didn't get credit?  Why do we do a lot of things in life where we feel right about and it doesn't work out? :(  We felt right about all of these decisions.   They led to a dead end, but we were able to learn so much because of it.

To be honest, I really don't care why I go through things anymore.  It doesn't matter.  Just look at every trial as a blessing.  Just think, "how much more wisdom, knowledge and strength are we all going to gain because of this trial?"   It is so much easier to endure.   As we look at it that way, then we do become stronger.  This is a test here on earth.  He is testing us on how well we can endure.
 
One of my favorite scriptures,
"My son, apeace be unto thy soul; thine badversity and thine afflictions shall be but a csmall moment;
 And then, if thou aendure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy bfoes."
 
Remember to watch the video. I know that this work is so important. These are the last days. The world is already wicked enough for the Savior to come again. Remember that. He is waiting for the members to become better.
 
I love you very very much and miss you more than you know.
 
Love always,
 
Sister Kelsi
 
ps~ everyone keeps saying the winter is about to begin...what?  Crazy peeps.  I thought it already did begin!
 
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having an earthly experience.”


No comments:

Post a Comment