Monday, November 25, 2013

We All Can Have The Lord's Acceptance


Woah, I can't believe Kory is home.  That was fast.  I wish I could see all of you, not going to lie.  That will be a fun holiday for everyone at home!   Happy you all are together... We are doing missionary work on Thanksgiving.   Just no knocking doors.

It is so so cold here.  I honestly don't think my coat is warm enough.  I can pile on everything I have though.  There is a wind chill.  It's been about 19 degrees, but feels 10 degrees colder with the wind chill and very icy!   We were going down a big hill and I was driving super slow.  There were cars up at a stop light and then we hit black ice and I pumped the breaks...it wasn't working.   We were going to fly right into the cars, but I turned and we went off the side of the other side of the road.   Did not want another black ice accident.
I also had a little accident this week.   I was working out... I am not as strong as I used to be.  I had a set of weights in a plank position and lifted the weight up and something tore.   It sounded like sticks breaking in my shoulder.  So now it is in a sling!   Me and Kory both tore something.
 
Brother Jeffrey gave me his really expensive model car.  It's a convertible and I am not sure what to do with it. haha  He gives me stuff every Sunday.  He even made me a mini wake board to put in the passenger seat ha ha.  I love him.  He called us and said, "I hope that makes you happy the rest of your mission."  He told me to show you when I Skype my family and tell you all about it.   He has no money at all so I felt awful for taking it :(  But he said the spirit told him I would need it this week.  He is the best.
 
Michael....well, lets just say.  He yelled in our lesson.  Good thing we had a member there :)  He really wants to know if its true... he gets so worked up. haha.  He has been texting us and asking us questions. 21 page text.. phew. at least it wasn't 22. ;)
 
We went to Lorenzo Snow's home this week.  It hasn't had much done to it so we were able to see the exact floors and walls and where there summer kitchen were and all that. The people that live there gave us a tour and they are strong Catholics, but they were reading us Eliza Snow's testimony.  Then the guy who lives there... he paused when we were about to leave and he said, "are you the sister who sang at the Johnson Home commemoration?"  I said yes... and he said, "I have never in my life heard an angel sing, but now I have." haha  They were freaking out.  I think they just felt the spirit.  They will join the church one day!
 
We took Al and Loretta to the Johnson home and then we went to their home to teach them the Restoration.  They had prepared for us to stay and eat to!   Good thing we didn't have an appointment.  They don't understand that we can't just hang out as missionaries.  After we finished the Restoration... Al said, So is lunch ready?  And nothing else.... when we were saying Joseph Smith's words during the 1st vision... the spirit was so strong.  We know they felt it.  They are totally open to us sharing, but don't really care. They are coming to Kirtland on Friday though for the lighting ceremony!  All of us sisters are singing and they are having a beautiful program.  That will be a place where they can feel the spirit again.  They said, "we are going to miss you girls when you get transferred."
 
Then the Stamms:) ahhh man.  We invited them to the Johnson home as well.  The Hale's invited them over for lunch and they the Hales and the Stamm's came to the Johnson home.  It was the amazing.  At first, it was a little rough.... they really liked the historical aspect, but as time went on, it got more and more spiritual.  Me and Sister Coontz sang a song in the revelation room.  Brother Hale (who I want to be like - has the strongest testimony) bore a powerful testimony that they needed to hear.  We talked about how we are spirit children of our Heavenly Father... Katherine's eyes lit up and said "that makes sense."  Then we talked about the three kingdoms of glory and how wonderful it is to have continuing revelation.  She wanted to know more.  So as they left.  Drew said, "call Katherine to set up a time so you can teach us".  What?!  They were so against it at the beginning.  Their hearts have softened.  I am going to be friends with them for the rest of my life.  While we were in the Revelation room I remembered my dream I had about them. They were dressed in all white.  I was there.  It's going to happen :)
 
Okay, Crazy story.  Sorry this is so long.  A lot happened this week!  So we were at sites.  The phone was ringing... I was going to just let someone else answer it and instead I just went and answered it anyways and said, "Historic Kirtland Visitor Center, this is Sister Johnson, how may I help you?"  Well, he kept talking and was trying to reach some sisters.... his name was Richie. I recognized his voice.  I asked if he was from Arizona.  I said I was Kelsi Johnson and he was like, you're on a mission?!  haha Anyways, I was literally shaking.  I was talking to a boy.  I am weird.  Now I know.  All the sisters ran over and heard me talking... and they were like, what is going on?!  haha it was a big thing. But I am pretty sure I am going to be weird when I get home if I was weird on the phone.  It was cool though.
 
Then we were calling referrals and people that we have talked to on chat.  I called a lady from a referral that we got in June.  It said that her son was an apostate and to be careful. So I called her to get more information.  She was really happy that I called her.  She said things had changed and he wasn't even speaking to her anymore since then.  I told her I had been looking at her card for a while.  She said, "you have?"  She started to cry....she said  "That just answered my prayer."   "Now I know that Heavenly Father loves my son and is aware of Him. Thank you so much."  We talked a little bit longer... and she told me she loved me so much and to call her back soon.  I sincerely loved and cared for her. Calling people really is so great.
 
Heavenly Father loves all His children.  He is aware of the ones who have even made poor choices and He still loves them unconditionally.
 
I was reading this week about how we can have the Lords acceptance.  I think about famous people and how they are always trying to gain acceptance from everyone in the world. But it wont last.  I think its natural for us to seek acceptance from those around us.  From friends and family.  But that isn't where we can find it.  The Lord doesn't care what our title is, he doesn't care how much money we make, he doesn't care if we are really good at things.  He cares about our heart and how we use the talents and things that we are good at for the good of others.  He cares if we recognize our weaknesses and want to improve.  He cares if we have a genuine love for others and true charity.  He cares if we are honest with ourselves and recognize that we are broken.

We can feel the most accepted and loved by the Lord, by looking at our heart, letting Him fix us and keeping the covenants and promises that we have made to Him.

The spirit will be with us and when the spirit is with us that is the ULTIMATE INDICATOR that we are accepted of Him.

We will increase in confidence, faith and happiness.

Seek for the Lord's acceptance.  He wants us to.  He loves you.  He wants to mold you.  He can make you stronger then what you think you can do by yourself.
 
I love you, love you.  Kory I hope you heal fast after surgery, so you can get back out.
 
Sister Kelsi Denae
 
 
I think I have already written this before.... but I still love it
 
 
Charity is, perhaps, in many ways a misunderstood word.  We often equate charity with visiting the sick, taking in casseroles to those in need, or sharing our excess with those who are less fortunate.  But really, true charity is much, much more.

Real charity is not something you give away; it is something that you acquire and make a part of yourself.  When the virtue of charity becomes implanted in your heart, you are never the same again.  It makes the thought of being a basher repulsive.

Perhaps the greatest charity comes when we are kind to each other, when we don’t judge or categorize someone else, when we simply give each other the benefit of the doubt or remain quiet.  Charity is accepting someone’s differences, weaknesses, and shortcomings; having patience with someone who has let us down; or resisting the impulse to become offended when someone doesn’t handle something the way we might have hoped.   Charity is refusing to take advantage of another’s weakness and being willing to forgive someone who has hurt us.  Charity is expecting the best of each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment