Wednesday, September 18, 2013

He Loves Us Beyond All Comprehension



Hi hi hi  How are you?!  Mom, I heard your voice on the phone at sites!   It was weird.  I choked up a little bit...

This has been a great learning week.  It was pretty sad... we text Michael this week and just asked how he was doing.  Well, he responded saying... "Hello ladies, we need to talk."  Doesn't that sound like the break up line?  He called and broke up with us! :/   It was sad... all we could do was just bear testimony.  Satan was definitely working on him like no other because our last lesson was so powerful, the spirit was so strong.  Anyways, we asked him if he still wanted to meet the apostle, Elder Ballard.  He said... maybe.  Well, we got a text last night from him saying, "just in case I made the wrong choice about everything, can I have the address to your church building and for the event that the apostle is coming to."  We were happy.... he knows its true, we know it!

Then after Michael broke up with us, we went to Lisa and Jim's.  Jim broke and started drinking again.  He kept apologizing to us over and over.  We said, that's okay, you can do it.  Then we go over the next time and hes drunk again, then the next time and he was so drunk and was asleep.  We are going to get him on the 12 step.  He was doing sooooo well.  We know he can do it, but we definitely chastised them a little bit. We want them to take us more seriously and set up expectations again so they understand that we won't always be here.  They need to follow everything and have a desire to gain the close relationship with their Heavenly Father, etc, etc.  We told them we love them, so hopefully that helped.  They are all coming to Kirtland on Friday :)  She is bringing her non-member family, it should be fun.  We are going to the Kirtland temple too!  

I am not even sure if I told you all about Elder Ballard, we are eating breakfast with him, going on a walk and he is handing out coins for the 10th anniversary of Kirtland.  Then, we are going to be hosts at a small meeting with him and inviting guests only and then a fireside and then adult stake conference and stake conference.   We are stoked.  That is the week after conference. 

I wish I can talk about everyone, but there are too many people to remember.  We have a couple new investigators, but our other progressing investigator is Nora... :)  She is the cutest lady.  Pretty much already a member.  She met with the missionaries in 2008 and was not interested.  We taught her Alma 22 and incorporated the Plan of Salvation because she wants to hear "stories".  Well, we both testified and I started to cry, she said that everything that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints believes is just so beautiful and she believes it is true.  Yay!  She says the best prayers and she prays for our future husbands.  She says they are out there some where!  haha

One more story from this week, last p-day we went to Bob Evans and there was this kid who opened the door for us and I gave him a Mormon.org card and told him to check it out.  He said he would :)  Then our district wanted to go out to lunch after district meeting yesterday and so they said, Sister Johnson we have to go back to see all the people you gave a card to!  So we went back and Tyrell (the guy who opened the door) came up to me and said!  I checked it out!  Then he started asking questions.  It was great :)  I got his number and we are going to start teaching him on the phone at sites :)  We are also still teaching that guy Patrick on the phone at sites who shot himself... if you remember him.  People are prepared all around us!!

Well, this week Sister Coontz and I were learning a lot about the Plan of Salvation. (we got to study at the Johnson home in the most perfect weather and in the revelation room)  We got on some deep discussions and our sites director, Elder Sorensen pulled us in his office and even talked deeper.  Our brains hurt.  We learned that we really have so much to be thankful for.  The more that we keep thinking, journaling and praying for everything that we are thankful for.  The more we will realize all of the blessings we have in our life that have been given to us, the closer we will become to our Savior.  

I was reading in the Ensign about how big everything is comparing to us.  The universe is HUGE! The speed of light travels at 186,282 miles per second. There are worlds without end and the universe is infinite in size. "The galaxies in the visible universe contain an estimated 30 billion trillion stars, yet that number may be a small fraction of all there are."  There is SO much out there and still...  He loves us beyond all comprehension.  I am so thankful for that. 

I am thankful for this earth and all the beauty that surrounds us.  I am so thankful for an eternal family.  I am grateful for parents who raised me in the gospel and who have strong testimonies.  I am grateful for a dad who is still a kid and will play with me and go to the beach :)  I am grateful that he taught us how to work as well and to always try our best and be our best.  I am grateful for a mom who loves and who will do anything for her family.  I am grateful to have been in the family I am in and have the brothers and sister that I have.  I am thankful for the opportunity to come on a mission.  Best decision I have ever made.  I learn so much every day, even though it is honestly sooooo hard and it's really easy to think about what you want to do, but this is the only time we have to give to the Lord 100 percent.  I am thankful for a prophet.  He is a true and living prophet.  There is no doubt.  I am very thankful for the Atonement.  I am using it every day... and I will use it the rest of my life. 

Well, I gotta run.  Happy 35th birthday Daddio!!


Sister Johnson 

"This is a paradox of man; compared to God, man is nothing; yet we are everything to God.  While against the backdrop of infinite creation we may appear to be nothing, we have a spark of eternal fire burning within out breast.  We have the incomprehensible promise of exaltation- worlds without end- within our grasp.  And if it is God's great desire to help us reach it."

No comments:

Post a Comment